Monday, August 18, 2014

Part 2: Rhodes vacation photos + handmade two piece dress

Hello everyone, today I'll be sharing another two piece dress I've made. It has cute mermaids all over! Of course it's made out of fabric best suited for children's sheets. However I'm at a point in my sewing career where I don't care what kind of fabric I'll use, as long as it is cute!
The city of Rhodes has this amazing ancient castle. It's so large that on average you'll need about a day to walk around, check out the little shops, eat etc. There is a little town is thriving inside the castle. 

With so many tourists I found it hard to take any decent photos of the inside. In my next post I'll upload my favourite ones. Seeing these pics now is making me nostalgic. I had such a magnificent time in Rhodes and it will be a long time till my next vacation.
I've made about 3-4 different two-piece dresses for my vacation and I had a blast parading around town in them. The construction of the dresses isn't the best but they did their job. Now I want to start sewing my autumn/winter clothes 'cause I won't be able to take my sewing machine in the UK. It makes me sad but sewing is a hobby that takes a LOT of time and space all of which I won't have next year.

What is your favourite hobby?
Daphne

1 comment:

  1. You are so freaking talented. I LOVE your dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...