Thursday, July 24, 2014

Part 1: Vacation at the beautiful Rhodes island

Hello everyone! Today I'd like to share with you some photos of my recent trip to Rhodes. Rhodes is a one of the largest Greek islands and is located at eastern Aegean Sea. We stayed at the city of Rhodes where the Medieval Old Town is located which is a declared world heritage site. Prior to my vacation me and Gracie sew several two-piece dresses so I had a whole new wardrobe with me. 
The first one is this cute vintage-printed dress. I really really love the print. It is one of the fabrics I wanted to sew in a long time and I'm happy that I finally did. It makes me really sad having unused cute fabric. 
Our hotel was near the "Elli" beach so I was able to enjoy swimming every day. Most beaches in Rhodes have sunbeds that you have to pay but you can also just place your towel and your own umbrella wherever you want. I try to avoid the sun as much as possible so I usually have my own just in case a beach isn't organised.

Rhodes is such a huge city and attracts tourists all year round. I have visited the island before in winter but honestly its so much more beautiful in the summer. 
Have you visited Rhodes or any other Greek island? Which one was your favourite?

Daphne

3 comments:

  1. Your dress is so freaking cute!! I need to learn to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a neat two part "dress" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...