Thursday, June 13, 2013

Greek Public Television Closure

Hello everyone
Most of you know that I had an internship at the Hellenic Broadcasting Channel know as Ert..
Now the government is shutting down Ert and over 2.500 people are getting fired.
This has caused a massive reaction, ordinary people are now protesting against this decision.
Of course all the employees are still in the building defying the decision of the government.
Journalists, cameramen, lighting technicians are all there day and night giving their own fight against this illegal and immoral decision.
I'm also trying to defend their battle by helping them in every way that I can.
Inside of the building, in every corridor you can see many people trying to support each other.
All the employees are trying to maintain their temper although it is obvious that their about to cry, their forced smiles betray their agony..
The budget cutting in Greece is getting worse everyday due to the bad economy, this is no joke anymore, people who worked all their lives now are getting fired.
I hope I didn't ruined your day with this post but this situation is Greece is too much for me to handle..
Have a great day.

Gracie

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so so upsetting to hear about. I hope that the protests do something.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamento por seu país, o meu também não vai muito bem. Um dos meus sonhos é conhecer a Grécia e seu mar azul, um dia vou, nem que seja velhinha, espero que até lá já esteja tudo bem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this on the radio this morning and I thought, "Hey, doesn't one of the girls from Bubble My Licorice work there?" How terrible. I hope it reopens soon and your economy gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the people would be fine. That's a lot and their jobs are important of course. Wish they will be considerate.

    ★♡ Diamond Jewelry Feature (^_^) ♡★
    Sparkle & Shine With Lili Diamonds Jewelry
    New Blog Post!!! Check out feature and signature cuts!

    Latest Blog Posts ...
    Project Dress Code: Feature #1 Camille Co
    Favordeal Accessories Giveaway
    5 Winners! June 5-20, 2013! Join now!!!

    ❤ ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage
    | Bloglovin' | NetworkedBlogs | Google+ |

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very interesting! :)

    xoxo,
    Rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought I would come by, visit and let you know of a giveaway for a gift certificate to the opening of my new Etsy shop: Daisy Pink Wish.....if you have time, please stop by......would love to see you enter!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...