Monday, April 1, 2013

Wigs From Aliexpress

Hello everyone!

Lately I've been obsessed with online shopping. Especially after I discovered Aliexpress.
For quite sometime I knew the existence of Alibaba but the site it's too confusing for me and you have to contact the seller in order to buy something etc etc
But Aliexpress is really similar to Ebay only that you can find everything and in a much lower price.
The catch is that you have to work extra hard to find what you are looking for in this site.
For some weird reason all the sellers are doing a horrible job in tagging their products making it difficult for us buyers to find what we are looking for.
For example, I like looking for wigs. All the time. So they usually tag the wig with just "elegant" "brown" "full wig" etc it doesn't matter if the wig is gradient or not, if it's two toned or not or if it has some unique feature you are looking for. They will just name it "pretty women wig" or something and you will have to look through every wig in the site in order to find the one you are looking for. Sometimes Google Image search can help... 

Another thing great about this site is their regular offers. And the free shipping. For anyone outside US free shipping is a miracle and a dream. So it doesn't matter to me if the item will take 1-2 months to arrive, all I need is a tracking number and free shipping and I'm happy.

So in some recent offers I've bought these 2 wigs:
I can't wait for them to get here! And of course review them for you :D

Have you bought anything from Aliexpress yet?

Daphne

6 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I love your blog and am a follower... I don't usually comment but I did want to comment on this. I have bought a couple of things through AliBaba/AliExpress, and although *I* have not had any problems (that I know of), AliBaba is NOT a retail site that I would recommend. The site is on a list of sites that have had countless fraudulent activity reported; AliBaba itself is not a fraud, but they do allow a lot of sellers to post items that they may not actually sell (i.e., they have listings with pictures they've taken from other sites to encourage people to pay for things they do not have and have no intention of giving to them). This does happen on eBay as well on occasion, but eBay is covered by a much better buyer protection agreement; AliExpress claims to have something similar, but from what I understand, it isn't policed as well. Like I said though, I have purchased a couple of things using AliBaba (one is a Jump From Paper bag - possibly knock-off, I'm not sure - at a much lower price than you'd find it elsewhere), but I would be VERY wary of promoting followers to use it on a regular basis. Here's a much clearer article about it (and you'll find more if you Google search it) if you're interested: http://www.workfromhomewatchdog.com/is-aliexpress-com-a-scam/

    But I hope your purchases work out fine for you! Like I said, it worked fine for me, but I'm extremely careful now on that website (and honestly haven't used it since I found out this information).

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)
      Thank you for your input! I'm aware of the article but I've purchased loads of stuff from Aliexpress with no problem so far.
      You are right I will make a more detailed post explaining the dangers of shopping on Aliexpress and I shouldn't take for granted that everyone did any research before buying.

      Daphne

      Delete
  2. I've heard about Aliexpress before. Got stuck browsing it for awhile and have things on a list now... Mostly wigs that I want so badly haha. It's cheaper on there than Ebay. Hopefully it only takes 4 weeks to arrive. 2 months is too crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually takes one month exactly for me. It's a good idea to look through the comments of the seller, some people say how long it took for their item to arrive...
      I think people buy stuff from Ali and resell them at Ebay and a much higher price which I think is a steal!

      Delete
  3. Hi to every single one, it’s truly a good for me to visit this web page, it includes helpful Information.
    Marie antoinette wig

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...