Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kitteh Photos! and thoughts on neutralising

Hello everyone! Today we have some photos of a recent photo shoot with Ella. I've realised we haven't uploaded photos of her for a really long time and it's a shame 'cause she is getting even prettier as she grows!
 So here she is making her silly face! I LOOOVE THIS PICTURE!
Then she sits quietly thinking she can fool us into believing she is a good and balanced cat.
You don't fool anybody! We all know you are a crazy-biting full of energy kitten!

In Ella related news, she will probably be neutralised next week. She doesn't seem anxious though. But I AM! I just hope everything goes well with her!
 Sometimes I feel kinda bad that we have to neutralise her and I worry it will change her. Not that she is a perfect cat and maybe if she did calm down after being neutralised it would be better.. But I just hope she stays the same and the procedure won't alter her crazy personality. Because you know, I know she will only be kitten once....

Moreover, many people I know seriously question why would I ever put my animal through something like that especially since I won't let her wonder outside the apartment. And it makes me sad that she will have to undergo surgery again. But here are the facts:
1) she will avoid many many diseases
2) She won't feel the need to find a male (making her life and ours miserable, and possibly dangerous such as falling of the balcony)

and the most important reason for me:
3) we really don't need any more kittens! I mean I found her at our front door starving and crying for 2 days (i was looking for her for 2 days, she was well hidden) And our neighborhood is full of kittens and cats, it's crazy. The fact that my country (as far as I know) doesn't have a center to sterilise stray cats makes me think that if I ever wanted another kitten in the house I could just save some from the streets resulting in helping more cats. 

So yeah the bottom line is that if you think about it people that are against neutralising are the selfish ones. 
ok so these are my thoughts on the subject.

















What do you think of neutralising animals?

Daphne

16 comments:

  1. There are many stray cats around my moms house. We ended up with three kittens on top of the other strays that hang around. My mom catches them to take them to the vet to get them fixed. It's better to get them fixed so they don't make more babies that end up starving or being feral too. It's not cruel at all... There are too many animals in shelters as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great thing to do! And I'm so jealous that your mother likes cats. If mine wasn't so against having a cat I would propably have millions of cats by now.. Like a kitten army

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree that it's the right thing to do. In the UK there are millions of pets that need re-homing, for all sorts of reasons, but one being that people don't have their cats spayed. It's really sad and although it seems harsh at the time it is the right thing to do xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If some one wants expert view on the topic of blogging afterward i suggest him/her to
    pay a visit this web site, Keep up the pleasant job.
    Also visit my site :: how to make lots of money fast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well first to say -loooove your post!
    And then I felt obligated to share my experience over neutralising. I have a rescue cat myself (Little Miss Kitten) and she's my best friend, soul mate, love and joy. I found her burned to death while walking my mom's dog and took her firs to the vet and then home. I neutralised her in September last year like I did to my Milica (the cat I inherited from my late granny). They don't get along and Milica lives with my brother but that's a different story. And I'm a dog person, imagine that! All in all, Kitty is one hell of a happy cat after all. Neutralising didn't change her (and Milica's) personality at all, only she'll live longer and will be healthier! She sleeps between my monitor and keyboards now as I type this. She's an indoor cat also.
    It may be hard for you for the first few days after the procedure but trust me, you won't regret it and neither will your gorgeous Ella!
    Bthw, the photos blew me away! You can she she's a devil in disguise with a face of an angel he he!
    Kitty and I are sending you tones of kisses and all our support!
    If you have anything to ask me about neutralising or cats, please don't hesitate!

    Ok, I’m a liar blog

    xx
    Aska Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well first to say -loooove your post!
    And then I felt obligated to share my experience over neutralising. I have a rescue cat myself (Little Miss Kitten) and she's my best friend, soul mate, love and joy. I found her burned to death while walking my mom's dog and took her firs to the vet and then home. I neutralised her in September last year like I did to my Milica (the cat I inherited from my late granny). They don't get along and Milica lives with my brother but that's a different story. And I'm a dog person, imagine that! All in all, Kitty is one hell of a happy cat after all. Neutralising didn't change her (and Milica's) personality at all, only she'll live longer and will be healthier! She sleeps between my monitor and keyboards now as I type this. She's an indoor cat also.
    It may be hard for you for the first few days after the procedure but trust me, you won't regret it and neither will your gorgeous Ella!
    Bthw, the photos blew me away! You can she she's a devil in disguise with a face of an angel he he!
    Kitty and I are sending you tones of kisses and all our support!
    If you have anything to ask me about neutralising or cats, please don't hesitate!

    Ok, I’m a liar blog

    xx
    Aska Wolf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww Little Miss Kitten! *dies of cuteness*
      Burned to death???? what happened to the poor thing? oh my
      ahahhaha sometimes my cat sleeps between the monitor and the keyboard too (or behind the monitor) I believe it wants attention? it's so cute and I try to resist annoying her.
      hahaha I'm also happy you could see behind her facade :)
      Thank you very much for your sweet words, made us truly happy! I wish we lived close to have a kitty tea time (would propably include loads of hissing) :D

      Delete
  6. I love your beautiful cat!! And I must say, getting her spayed is a very responsible thing to do. Too many strays with no homes. Luckily near my home (in the U.S.) was a service to fix strays for free and I had... 2 adult cats and 5 of their kittens fixed at no charge. I'm one of those crazy people who feeds strays on my front steps every night. I also have two cats of my own and I have never paid an adoption fee... like you said, I just find one roaming and take it in! :) My big boy Hippie was dropped off randomly outside my elderly grandmother's house and I took him in... then I made friends with my little boy Leroy by a garbage dumpster near where I used to live. We are all a happy family now. :) PS love your blog; I've been subscribing for a few months now and like your quirky posts and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! My friend Efi is feeding the stray cats at her neighborhood and me and Gracie visit her to play with them :)
      It's great that you have a service that fixes strays... here the cheaper doctor I found charges 107$ while most of them charge about 160$.
      And I love you cats names!
      I wish I could see photos of them....

      Delete
  7. She`s sooo cute. I love her green eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sensible and responsible of you! She's so cute :)
    katieneedsajob.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article.
    Feel free to visit my web site ... how to make extra money on the internet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally think that it's a great idea to spay/neuter any animals that you aren't planning on breeding. My older cat, Gir, (named after the crazy robot from Invader Zim), was PSYCHO when she was younger. In a charming way, of course. After we had her spayed, she was lethargic for a couple days of course, but she is nearing seven years old and is as spunky as ever. Ditto with my younger cat. Don't worry! It'll be the same kitty personality you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, I love cats!

    Please take a look at my blog, though it's on danish only :)

    hejcirkeline.blogspot.dk
    - Celina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...