Monday, May 28, 2012

Recipe: Colorful Yummy Heart Cake!

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to share you an awesome cake recipe I have found :)
Recently me and Gracie decided to make the cutest cake yet :)
It took a lot of effort but I think it was worth it! 
I mean LOOK at it!
We decorated it together, it was so much fun!
So here is the recipe:

Recipe:
For the sponge cake:
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoon cocoa powder (sugar free)
60 gr Milk

For the cream:
2 boxes of whipped cream
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 box of vanilla flavored cream
Food coloring

For the syrup
300 gr water
300 gr sugar
1/2 lemon

+3 boxes of biscuits (like oreo)

Steps:
Step 1: The sponge cake:
Beat the eggs with the sugar in the mixer until the mixture turns almost white and fluffy. In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder, the cocoa and the milk.
When the egg & sugar mixture is done add the flour mixture slowly.
Take a round pan (with 25 cm diameter), cover it with greaseproof paper and put the mixture inside.
Preheat the oven and bake the sponge cake at 170 degrees for about 40 minutes.
When it's done, you should remove it from the pan and let it cool down. Then you cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for an hour. (after that you just cut it in half using a long knife)


Step 2: The syrup
In a little pan, add the water, the sugar and half a lemon (just through it inside) and let it boil for 1-2 min.

Step 3: The cream
Beat the whipped cream in the mixture (given you bought it in liquid form) until it doubles its size. Then, add the sugar. After that, add the milk and the vanilla cream. When the mixture is done put it in the fridge for an hour.

Step 4: Finally making that cake!
Separate the cream in 2 large pieces and leave a little bit outside for the decorations. Color each piece with any color you would like.
Take the first slice of the sponge cake place it on a cute plate and cover it with syrup. Add a nice thick layer of cream and throw lots of cookie crumbs on top. Add the other sponge cake slice, cover with the syrup and cover the whole surface with cream.

You can decorate with cookie crumbs or a huge sprinkle heart like we did or with whatever you like :D
Just have fun!
I really hope that all the steps are comprehensive enough, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me!
Have a wonderful day and sorry for anyone that is on a diet!!
Cutest cake ever or what??

Daphne 

20 comments:

  1. Ok I feel kind of hungry now.... Going to the fridger..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That looks amazing! Did it taste as good as it looked??
    I might give this a try, I have a lot of spare time and i'll mail you guys the snaps!

    s-t-i-n-k-y.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted really GOOD!
      Please sent us! We'll post them :D

      Delete
  3. That is an extremely impressive cake! Just Gosh!
    I tend to make cakes when I'm bored:
    Malteser Muffins ♥
    Lemon Drizzle Cupcake Surprise
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and creative ! Looks deliciouuus send it to me <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously the cutest cake ever :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Now following :)
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really hope that I could be as good at baking as you, unfortunately I AWLAYS mess everything up : D

    ReplyDelete
  8. My birthday is coming up and I HAVE to get someone to make me this.
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum yum! CAKE! :D cute cute cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I have to give this a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. SSOOO goood! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...