Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feria dye review

Hello everyone!
As most of you already know i dyed my hair red about 2 weeks ago (post)
I wanted to do a two toned look so i used the feria dye to dye half my head.
But i ended up with an ombre result instead! :O
So today I decided to properly review the dye.


It's feria p67. I bought it online.
The color turned out great and i really liked the fact that you should use it on damp hair.
It was a beautiful cherry red.
Which i expected to fade into a nice pink- red
but it didn't!
It faded to a red-orange red.
My ends are really orange, exactly the color they turned out when i bleached my hair. And although my hair is healthy, because of this accidental ombre they look damaged. Which is a shame :P




Anyway
I know that red dyes fade like crazy, but I also know how to take care of my dyed hair.
I remember the time I was using l'oreal hi color, the color would last forever, because i was taking care of it ;)
I'll share my other tricks in another post.

Now back to the feria dye.
If you plan on using it i should warn you that it is a metallic dye which L'oreal shamelessly sell without warning the costumers.

I googled the dye (after I've used it) and found out that metallic dyes won't react with common dyes.
This means that your hair might melt if you try to bleach it or it won't take any color.
So please do a google search before trying this product. 

Before:
nice cherry red color, freshly dyed hair
After 2 weeks:
just 2 weeks later, hellooo orange and ombre
well after this i happily erased ombre of my hair-i-should-do list!

Hope this review was helpful to you.
If you have any questions about bright hair colors and hair care don't hesitate to ask :)

have a nice day!!


Daphne


 ps. yup, i got bangs! do you like them??

27 comments:

  1. your hair is lovely! wish I could pull off red ha. x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool colour! Not for me but looks great on you!
    Greetings from Spain, I'm your new follower!
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!lovely blog!
    i'm into changing my hair's colour..i already have some ideas but i'm thinking of someting like yours in general! :)
    i'd be grateful if you could update this post after another 2 weeks or so..just to see the change,how it's going etc.. :P

    thanks! greetings from sweden!
    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!
      nah, i'll dye it in about a week cause it's so faded right now! :S
      I'll update thought with my new hair color (still red)
      :)

      have a nice day!

      Delete
  4. I also used this dye to dye my hair red and the same thing happened!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love them!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the red bangs!! Im thinking about dyeing my hair too!

    http://thefashpress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!

    thanks for your comment! I love red hair! I've never dyed mine..!!


    http://www.justreptilia.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the comment! you have a new follower.
    www.aliceinshopland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you <3

    Your blog is a huge inspiration for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour, really suits you! Thank you for my comment xx

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving your red hair. :)
    i'm following your blog now :) i would be very happy if you followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this color is so gorgeous...really suits you...
    thank you for your lovely comment...your blog is amazing...i 'm following...hope you keep in touch too...

    a kiss from the
    cocobloggers

    ReplyDelete
  13. the color turned out well, and wow thats crazy about the metallic dye, thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the colour! it's so pretty, i'm thinking of dying my hair red.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definately should! I think it would look amazing on you :)

      Delete
  15. i love Feria! and i like how it looks on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous colour!
    www.mioupricesslovespink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look cute with your bangs. Such a shame it faded so fast. I have been dying my hair red for a bit now and my dye has been great. I go to Sally's though and use HiColor by Loreal. I find it lasts longer than the boxed dye all in one kits. Butttt it may have the metallic stuff...bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Yup HiColor is great! I used to dye my hair with it, and i don't think it contains metallics. It just really strong and you ust be careful and take good care of your hair afterwards. I would love to use it again but i was looking for a different shade of red... But i'm tempted to go back.. hehe

      Delete
  18. Nice colour! I like how it looks on you!
    Thanks for your comment in my blog:)
    Melu
    meluandmila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love red hair!!! but i don't dare to color mine ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice hair color, it suits you!!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog :)
    xx
    Saraalwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. your hair looks really good red. I like it when someone is bold and daring. I used to do hair and my favorite clients were the ones that sat in the chair and said "do whatever you want" ... scary but fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...