Monday, January 23, 2012

Hair Lightener Review

Hi everyone!
I made a post a few days ago where i mentioned i would like a hair change.
I appreciated your lovely suggestions but I decided to do something totally different.. 

Today I made the first step towards my dream hair with the help of Gracie (you know her, the co-owner of the blog)
So anyway, in this post I'll review Syoss lightener. 

This product is supposed to lift your hair up to 6 levels and doesn't contain ammonia. Well, since i had already colored hair I didn't really expect to become blond anyway.

so here's my hair before:
This color was really close to my natural color but i had like 5cm roots so it doesn't show.

I applied the product on my hair (it was a little difficult to spread) and left it for about 30-40 min.

my hair afterwards:
The color is closest to the picture on the left but on the picture on the right is what we were trying to achieve, but we only made it happen at the roots haha

Well my hair didn't seem able to lighten up more than this (at the already dyed part) which is ok by me since i didn't really want to go much lighter. But if you are looking for a product to make you blond i don't think this product is enough. You will have to bleach multiple times obviously.

pros:
>It didn't damage my hair but then again i applied a very good conditioning afterward so we will see.

>It was cheap.

cons:
>It didn't lift my hair as it was supposed to.

I know it looks weird because this is not the final result! :D
Stay tuned!


Daphne


ps. my hair looks like fryed but it isn't. I just have curly hair that look stupid when brushed out.

15 comments:

  1. I tried to go blonde once and used the same product. I ended up with a rust color and had to redyeing my hair back to black. I can't wait to see your end result! Good luck to you.

    Mary from ♥ meowwzie.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! thank you very much :) I hopefully finish them today!

      Delete
  2. That is a really dramatic change! Ive never dyed my hair before.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to lighten dyed hair is hard, esp brown and red. Both those colours have a lot of red pigments in them that just goes orange unless you bleach it like crazy. I'm happy you're satisfied with the result though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will dye them red or something similar over that color that's why i'm satisfied hehe. I wouldn't ever try to have blonde hair because it would fry my hair (and it wouldn't suit me)

      Delete
  4. I actually like your new hair color! It's bold and extraordinary!

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I also love the model's make up! May be I should do a tutorial on it what do you think?

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Πολύ ενδιαφέρον προϊόν! Αλλά τα ανοίγει πολύ θα έλεγα, κρίνοντας από το αποτέλεσμα :-/
    Μπορεί να το χρησιμοποιήσει κανείς και για τις άκρες, τύπου αντάυγειες;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σε φυσικά μαλλιά μπορεί να τα κάνει και κατάξανθα. Γιατί οι ρίζες μου άνοιξαν πολύ. Και στο supermarket είχε και ένα προιόν της ίδιας σειράς που στα άνοιγε ακόμα πιο πολύ. (τα άφησα και μόνο 30 λεπτά αντι 45) Λογικά μπορεί να χρησιμοποιηθεί αλλά μπορεί να κιτρινίζει... (οποτέ θα πρέπει να περάσεις και άλλο χρώμα από πάνω)

      Delete
    2. Ευχαριστώ πολύ για τις πληροφορίες! Αυτό τον καιρό ψάχνω για μια αλλαγή στα μαλλιά ;-)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your comment, you're really nice :)

    xo

    http://voguesweetvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. great hair color, I am not that brave when coloring is in question, mainly 'cause I have extremly black hair... :)

    followed you, hope you will follow back...

    www.littlemisstwiggy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You chose the best one. Fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have bought the same shade of the lightener that you did, and was thinking about using it to substitute regular hair bleach, because it seemed less agressive, so I can dye my hair red proper, since my natural hair is pitchblack and all, and I would appreciate an opinion since you have tried a load of things toward hair-coloring, which by the way, the result of this one, although gingery, does fit you nicely. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      The think is, we tried the same product on Gracie's hair (post here: http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.gr/2012/04/bleaching-doing-it-wrong.html) and we saw that this product can't bleach the rest of the hair (except from the roots) enough. I still use it on my roots, it gives me a nice light yellow color that I can cover up with pink. But it all depends on how light you want your hair to be. And Gracie's hair was virgin hair. And also: some hair take dyes different than others. What shade of red are you after? I used have dyed my hairred a million times, so I can surely help you :)
      and! If you use a permanent red dye it will propably even out the result but you have to be careful with the roots

      Delete
  10. Hey! You just didn't choose the right one! You should've tried the number 13 and definetly NOT put it first on roots

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...