Friday, December 23, 2011

Wonderful blog Of The Day

Today, we took an interview from one of our favourite blogs owner Stina. She blogs over at "Her Name was Greta" And you should definately check out her blog!


"I purr, therefore I am"
an interview about cats


1) How many cats do you have and what are their names?
We now have two cats, one house cat called MjauMjau (wich means MewMew in Swedish), she will be 2 years old in March, and Semla, a Burma/Norweigan Forest cat who is 7 months. Both girls and super BFFs.


2) At what age you had your first cat?
I've lived with cats almost all my life. When I was born my parents' had three cats, 1 persian, 1 house cat and 1 siamese cat. The siamese cat used to take naps with me in my crib and watching over me like a mother. When I was 4 my parents had to put them up for adoption, 3 cats and 3 kids 4 years old and below, was just too much to handle and my parents' were afraid we'd develope allergies while crawling around in all that fur. Eventhough my mum vaccuumed every day it was still fur everywhere. It was a very sad time for me and my mum bought me a white cat plushie as a sort of substitute (I still have it!). When I was 10 we realized it was impossible to live without a furry friend any longer and we got a siamese kitten called Cissi. Cissi had 5 babies and we kept one, Maja. Cissi and Maja was a huge part of my life and I was devestated when they died of old age. Since I moved out of my parents' I've dreamed of a cat (or five!) of my own but it wasn't until I moved in with my boyfriend that I was ready for that kind of commitment. 



            

3) What's the weirdest thing your cats do?
When MjauMjau was smaller she used to sleep with me on my pillow. As she grew she took up more and more space and all I was left with was a small corner of the pillowcase. She was like a warming cat hat, which was great during the colder seasons, but not so nice during the summer. She's now moved to my boyfriend's feet instead, which I'm a bit jealous about, I'd like her to cuddle with me instead. When we come home from work Semla always roll around on the carpet in front of us, greeting us. Oh, and she can't really mew, she's learning from MjauMjau but she's a quite slow learner (except when she is about to get her favourite treat: ham, then all of a sudden it's loud and clear!)

4) What do you love about your cats?
Their friendship! They're the best companions I could ever ask for. I can spend hours watching them play, and I can't get over how adorable they are when they sleep. 

5) Do you have a favorite one?
I love them both endlessly and could not pick a favourite. They have such different personalities and it's like picking a favourite among your kids.


6) Is living with cats easy? Which are your advices to new cat-owners?
Yes and no. It's a much larger responsibility than you'd think. Even though cats are not as dependant on us humans as dogs, they still can't be left alone for days. I'd say give it some serious thinking before you fall in love with a cute little face and soft paws. Make a plan! Who will kittysit when you take that trip out of town? Do you spend the weekends at your boyfriend's/girlfriend's or like to party and won't be able to stay at home and have quality time with mr furrball? Do your work very long hours, will your cat be home alone for more than 8 hours then maybe you should wait until your living/working situation is different. Will your cat be an indoor or outdoor cat?Unless you live far away from the city and all it's danger I'd very much recommend letting your cat stay inside, there are easy ways to make your apartment/house stimulating enough for your cat. And will you afford it? Even if you get the cat for free they're not inexpensive. Calculate what cat food and kitty litter, insurance and vaccinations etc will cost you and see if it works with your economy. Cats are a huge responsibility and should never ever be a spur of the moment, they live to be between 15 and 20 (some evern longer!) and they deserve a good life. If you've given it some serious though and you're positive you will be able to care for a cat, or two since most cats enjoy cat friends (MjauMjau was happy alone for a year, but since Semla moved in she's been even more happy and energetic and they really love each others company) and they won't be so alone during the days when you're at work or in school. Having cats is the best decision we've ever made and even when I get mad at them for chewing on my knitting patterns, or frustrated when I find out they've thrown up on the carpet, or worried to death when they're sick, or annoyed when Semla wakes me up an hour before my alarm should go off, I would never trade it for anything. It might sound silly to non cat people, but those furry little friends have enriched my life SO much and they crack me up time and time again. 

7) Finally, what do you think about Maru the cat?
I love him! There's nothing better than funny cats. I'm a big fan of Simon's cat as well, esp. now that there's two of them. The little one is SO like our Semla!

                       The ideal of calm exists in a sitting cat

9 comments:

  1. This is really sweet! I love little purr-paws, they're the cutest! It's nice to read about kindness and love for animals.
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post. Enjoy mine.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the post, very well done

    Merry xmas
    x
    Www.hautecouturepoupee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Merry Xmas!!!
    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stina is lovely, her blog is lovely and I love her cat obsession!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just so cute x sweet blog

    take a peep. my new blog
    http://artichoke--heart.blogspot.com/

    if you like, follow! and i shall do the same
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuties! As someone who does cat rescue, the idea of any of my cats having kittens (where there are so many in the shelters and on the streets here) makes me a little faint! Just a reminder to folks that there are usually subsidized cost spay/neuter options and it's better for the cat! Or - better yet - adopt one already spayed or neutered from a rescue group.

    Totally agree re indoor kitties!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...